The Columbia Voice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NKorea accuses South of using civilians as shields

2 posters

Go down

NKorea accuses South of using civilians as shields Empty NKorea accuses South of using civilians as shields

Post  CharlesDudleyJr Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:18 am

North Korea accused South Korea of using civilians as human shields around artillery positions on an island attacked by the North, seeking to justify a bombardment that killed four South Koreans and sent tensions soaring.

The comments Saturday came on the eve of U.S.-South Korean war games in the Yellow Sea that have enraged the North and worried neighboring China, and after the South Korean marine commander vowed revenge at a funeral for two marines killed in the barrage.

Tuesday's attack on Yeonpyeong Island, which houses military bases and tiny fishing communities, also killed two civilians in one of the worst artillery attacks on South Korean territory since the 1950-53 Korean War.

North Korea's state news agency said that although "it is very regrettable, if it is true, that civilian casualties occurred on Yeonpyeong island, its responsibility lies in enemies' inhumane action of creating a 'human shield' by deploying civilians around artillery positions."

Source and More:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_KOREAS_CLASH?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2010-11-27-06-27-00
CharlesDudleyJr
CharlesDudleyJr

http://cfcic.18.forumer.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

NKorea accuses South of using civilians as shields Empty Re: NKorea accuses South of using civilians as shields

Post  choppedliver Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:35 pm

I remember as we were fixing to invade Iraq how Kim Jong-il was totally ignored as he was pounding his chest like a Silverback ape, shouting out that he had WMD. I think he likes the attention.
BTW, that silverback ape thing was a friend of mine's words that have stuck with me all this time.
choppedliver
choppedliver

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum